Saturday, January 9, 2010

Your letter is done... now you can come!

So for weeks now it has seemed that my son would be making his appearance any day. I have been having contractions like crazy and last Monday at my 38 week appointment I was informed that I was 4cm dilated, 50% effaced, and at -3 station. Pretty much half way there and definitely a sure sign that little Killien would soon be making his appearance. That night in fact I had horrible contractions throughout the night and thought for sure that by the next evening we would be at the hospital. Tuesday was full of contractions, they even got really consistent being only 9 minutes apart for several hours and then suddenly back to completely irregular and no cause for concern. Aaaaahhhhhh! The frustration.

Well for weeks we have pretty much been ready for the arrival of this new little guy. Bassinet/ pack and play set up in our room, diapers, pump, clothes bought and washed, his room ready.... well. His room has been completely finished except for one little item... an L for the letters of his name. On his wall I have hanging K I L I E N. The second L in his name could not be placed on the wall as Walmart did not have anymore. I have gone in regularly over the past couple of weeks waiting for a new shipment of L's, but each time have been unsuccessful. Well today, FINALLY, there was one L in the little slot (Thank God we got there before someone else took it). I brought it home and just finished painting it to match his chocolate brown and sage green themed room. I am waiting for it to dry before hanging it up, but I just wanted to let my little guy know....



Your L is done and your room can now be completed. You are welcome to make your appearance at any time.

P.S. for those reading, I'm knocking on wood right now, but contractions have been about 5-9 minutes apart for almost an hour. We'll see if my theory is correct soon enough.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey & Byron, Your little one will be here before you know it and filling your life with many joys. Good luck and our prayers for you all.
    Love Nana & Papa.

    P>S> Now that Killien is here the fun is about to begin..aling with many wondeful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey,
    I enjoy your blog! The pictures are great. I hope to one day become a follower of your posts, if I can figure it out.
    I finally registered for a google account so this will be easier.
    Have a great day making pies!
    love ya'
    Mom

    ReplyDelete